Will these “projected” Theo Riddick season stats be the reason for him to be the RB that is the best; aka “Rule”, in the NFC North this season? Or will be another division rival runningback wearing the crown?
After checking out the season stats, see why believe Theo Riddick will be “co” Ruler of the NFC North…
Theo Riddick Season Stats
Riddick signed a three-year extension last summer after an 80-catch season in 2015. Despite missing six games in 2016 with wrist and ankle injuries, he finished sixth among NFL running backs in receptions (53) and tied for first among running backs in receiving touchdowns (5).
Currently going as the 32nd running back off the board in PPR league fantasy drafts, according to Fantasy Football Calculator, we project Riddick for 52.0 receptions, 435.9 receiving yards and 5.2 total touchdowns in 2017
We think the projected Theo Riddick season stats will help him to rule the NFC North in tandem with his Lions teammate Ameer Abdullah. Although the media attention will be heavily on Dalvin Cook and the Viking, but we think the Lions will have a better run average, receptions out of the back field, plus better YAC than all of their division rivals. This is all based off the O-Line additions of Rick Wagner, and TJ Lang, plus having Ameer Abdullah for hopefully the entire season.
So, do you feel that Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah will rule the NFC North division as the top threats out of the backfield? Let us know with a comment below after checking out what the rushing attack will look like this season with Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah…
- Camp Spotlight: Running Back Theo Riddick - detroitlions.com
- Jalen Reeves-Maybin finds daily challenges in covering Theo Riddick - MLive.com
- Lions burning question: Can Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah rev up running game? - CBSSports.com
- Lions' Theo Riddick sidesteps meat, goes vegan - The Detroit News
- Do Lions have 1000-yard rusher in their backfield? Do they need one? - Detroit Free Press
- This Will Make You Get Excited To See The Lions Rushing Attack After The Theo Riddick Injury